my pictures

my pictures

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ummm.... I'll Just Be Random..... Kinda


Sometimes I'm loquacious on my blog and you can't shut me up. Other times? Not so much.
 
Are you ever moody? Are there days when you feel like you just have nothing to say? People talking all around you, while you're in your head trying to be civil reverent?
 
I can't think of anything to blog about so I'll just type at you. Ummmm.....
 
Oh! I just read a really interesting blog post about chronic tardiness. It set off quite the furor over here. Sheesh! People can be soooo sensitive.
 
As for me, I'm an on-time Nazi. I don't like being late to anything.
 
(Years Ago...)
 
Would you believe the "reverend" or "pastor" (it was a catholic church) presiding over my grandmother's funeral was more than a half hour late?! When he finally showed up, he apologized, his excuse being he had a cold. A cold!?! I was NOT happy.
 
My sister kept eyeing me nervously cause I glared at him for most of the service and then cornered him for a polite tongue lashing when the service was over. Yeah, well......he asked for it. Don't make mourners wait next time.
 
Anywayz, back to the blog that got so many readers in a tizzy with his post. Way to strike nerves, Middle-aged Mormon Man . His writing is insightful, entertaining and it makes you think. And apparently, he also angers some readers. My kind of blogger.
 
With blogging, there are always gonna be readers who get upset with a post or comments on a thread. I love the drama of real life (in the blogosphere). It's fun showing up late to a post that has like 80 comments, broken furniture and some carnage. Good times.
 
Anywayz, when I was growing up, attending any special events with my parents, we always had to be on time. My father was a bit of an OCD drill sergeant about it (kind of like The Great Santini which starred Robert Duvall). So that's what I'm used to.
 
Are you someone who tends to run late or are you an early-bird?

9 comments:

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am such an on time person. Yes, I've been,ate on occasion and I hate it! I like promptness.

Glad you found MMM. He's funny and I like to snark at him every once in awhile just to keep him humble :)

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I definitely could do better in this area and I'm really making an effort to do so.

I've been meaning to put MMM on my reader and now, I just did. Glad for the reminder about him.

Granny Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am on time or early and thankfully Ron is the same. However my mother was the punctual one and my father would dawdle around with last minute details while she fumed at his nonchalance. I definitely inherited her impatience.

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love MMM.

I like to be on time, too. Hate being late! And when going to a movie, I like to get there extra early. My family laughs at me.

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Biggest pet peeve EVER is late people. I have a friend who is constantly late, I love her to death and I have learned to leave a 15 to 30 minute window of late prep. She has been dropped by several hair dressers, but still doesn't learn!! :)N

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Biggest pet peeve EVER is late people. I have a friend who is constantly late, I love her to death and I have learned to leave a 15 to 30 minute window of late prep. She has been dropped by several hair dressers, but still doesn't learn!! :)N

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

mcat, me too- haven't always been perfect at on-time, but promptness is my usual m.o.

pedaling, yes, MMM is a good read. & i'm late once in a great while too, but i hate it when i am.

granny, my hubby is never late either. must be his military background. or maybe you guys are related?

tammy, me too with the movies. we are there to see every preview.

nik, my ex-husband's family drove me nuts with their constant lateness. not cool for special occasions. so yah, i hear ya!

Moogie P said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm a recovering perpetually late person. I have a friend who asks me whether I'll be running on real time or Terry time when we're going to the same event.

steve jackson said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

It Feel So Amazing To Read This Post. I Just Want To Thank The Writer For Providing Such An Informative Article. Thanks Once Again.
Labor Day Quotes 2014