my pictures

my pictures

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our Season of LOVE



In the spirit of Valentine's Day, let's talk about LOVE. In case you didn't notice, it is my favorite topic (lately).
 
With this being the Valentine's season, I can talk about LOVE in the company of many others in the blogosphere who are celebrating and/or recognizing the LOVE theme. Yayyy!!
 
YOU
Before I talk about my man, I think it's only right to recognize the LOVE that keeps bringing me here to type. Just because I am Mormon, don't think that I am negating the religious views of my fellow Christians who continue to read here. Nor am I negating the views any of you readers who do not submit to following a particular religion.
 
Of course I love my brothers and sisters in the Mormon faith. And I will reference my faith often, consequently referencing my Mormon family. However, I also still appreciate you who continue to read here despite any of our religious differences.
 
I love YOU, readers. Do you hear me? I love that you waited for me.
 
Huh? What are you talking about, Namaste? Waited for you?
 
Many of you have been here for several years watching my blogging metamorphose (for real, that's a word). You had to know if I changed once, I would change again.
 
Thank you thank you thank you! I love you for continuing to read here, you've helped me to find my voice and keep it growing. All of YOU reading here are awesome.
 
MY BABIES
Talk about waiting for me? HA! Wowee!! How patient have you two girls been, huh? Twinkle and Moonchie, I absolutely adore you both. I am honored to be your mommy.
 
You probably have discerned this by now. But you need to know, I gave birth twice, both times in a hospital. And not once, on either of those occasions, before we left the hospital, did anyone hand me a manual on how to do this mommy gig. I was completely winging it the whole time. I know! Shocker!
 
By the time I figured this parenting thing out, you were all grown up. Whoops!
 
But wait....!
 
Between God and my own Mama's lessons, I clearly did a few things right. You girls are so beautiful and so smart and so loving, I am humbled to call you my daughters. Rock on with your sweet, loving selves!
 
MY MAN
Hubby and I don't do Valentine's Day. I know, right?! Who'da thunk that? But some of you will totally get me on this. Valentine's Day is Every.Single.Day. of our lives. Seriously. I kid you not.
 
I greet my husband with Christmas-like glee practically every night he comes home from work. (Of course there are the rare nights when I'm tired or cranky. And I greet him with less enthusiastic overtures. But that's rare). He gets a big hug and kiss like I haven't seen him in two weeks. I actually cheer, "Yay! You're home!" or "Welcome home baby!"
 
Yup. And you know what? If he was a different kind of man, he might let a bad day at work interfere with this nightly ritual by rebuffing me sometimes. But my man's awesome, all day, everyday.

Hubby loves the way I gush over him. He's told me on more than one occasion, he looks forward to coming home at the end of his work day because he's excited to see me. So it works for us both.
 
So for us, Valentine's Day is not that big of a deal. Our anniversary and birthdays are the biggest deal to each of us.
 
Well, since I'm blogging for posterity this year, I'm acknowledging the beauty of Valentine's Day. Oh yes! I have the great fortune of being a real live princess living in a wonderful dream with my McDreamy, McFabulous, BFF hubby.
 
Flowers? Dinner? Gifts? If you are receiving such things tomorrow, that's beautiful. You deserve to be treated so wonderfully by your significant other. Me too! Well, I probably won't have those things. In lieu of all those things, I have this wonderful marriage. A fair exchange, IMO.
 
I remember when I used to be awkward and unsure about my worthiness as a woman in this world. I used to agonize about not being good enough to be loved. Whew! I'm glad to be done with all that. Bye-bye went my angst. Why? Thanks to my hubby.
 
Hey Hubby! Thanks for making me feel like a hottie every day. Thanks for checking me out often, like you can't believe I'm truly yours. Thanks for staring. Thanks for the frequent compliments. Thanks for the long hugs and the surprise touches.
 
I love you hubby! Valentine's Day is our life together and I'm having the best time with you!
 
Happy Valentine's Day, to you all!
 
<3
 
 

9 comments:

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Lovin the love fest and what can I say other than keep it going, it's absolutely contagious. Love always begets love....like smiling!!! Happy Valentines day!! :)N

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What a post full of happiness! I love it!
We aren't big on Valentine's day either. Mostly cause I hate "cheesy" crap and all of it just seems cheesy. I would be just as happy to have soup for dinner and lie in bed and watch the O'Reilly factor. Just like every other night.
Oh we go out anhd celebrate but neither of us is in to the mushy stuff

Granny Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Through the many changes I have watched in your life, the part I like best is the fact that:

You may have changed some things you do,
But you never changed the best of YOU.

Happy Valentine's Day to someone who knows "love" is more than a word.

Just a conservative girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is wonderful. I am not a Valentine's Day fan. In my opinion if you need some made up day to show your BFF what they mean to you, you are doing it all wrong.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love is in the air!

We too are casual on Valentine celebrations.
I usually make a nice meal and a little treat for the kids and hub and call it good.

No cards, no flowers, no going out...we save that for our anniversary, our own personal day of lover celebration!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

nik, yup, good moods are contageous. thanks for your advice today. Happy Valentine's Day!

mcat, thanks! i'm taking one for the team. lol! i got the mush completely covered over here. ;-)

annie! awww! how sweet you are! thank you! Happy Valentine's Day too!

jacg, thanks my friend! you enjoy your thursday too.

pedaling, sounds like we have the same ideas too. & love in the air is always fun.

Fuzzy Slippers said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Aw, so love you, namaste! Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!

Always On Watch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Corny, I know....But what the world needs is love. Forget the song of that title -- although it's a good one.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

fuzzy slippers, i so love you too! :)

aow, not corny at all. your words from the song are true!