my pictures

my pictures

Thursday, February 21, 2013

I Am NOT My Politics, But It's Still In Me



Now's a good time to talk about my politics.
 
My blog tracker shows there are a number of new readers over here. Lately, I've only been blogging about my conversion and my family. So yah! There's been quite a bit religious talk around here. Groovy! However, this is not all there is over here.
 
For those of you reading who are new to my blog, I think it's important to say up front who I am. Just in case you haven't gone back and read any of my old posts, I need to put some things out here. Ya know? Give you a chance to make a more informed decision about sticking around. I hope you stay, but I won't be at all offended if you decide to leave.
 
First off, I tell the truth about Every.Single.Thing. On the surface, that may sound lovely. But it's not always. Sometimes my truth can induce fidgeting, sweating, and avoidance of eye-contact with others. My truth has also been known to make some people angry. That's my fairest warning.
 
One of the things I'm really good at talking about is the pink elephant of racial tension in our great country. Not the liberal-run-main-stream-media kind of racial tension blogging. I speak (write) from my heart and my personal experiences.
 
Second, while we're on the topic I don't like liberals. I don't hate them (unless I'm in physical pain, then I get cranky) necessarily, but I have a very low opinion about them. I don't have time to explain my dislike of liberals in this post.
 
Let's just say, that as a black person, I don't need anyone assuming that I need favors from the government on the taxpayers dime just because slavery of blacks was legal in America once upon a time. Liberal agendas have been pretty bad for black families. That's a fact, not just my opinion.
 
And I don't like liberals who feel they should bleed America's resources dry, so they can live off handouts, just because they feel entitled.
 
Third, don't say African-American anymore. Strike it from your vocabulary. Most blacks who live in America today have never even been to Africa. That's just a politically correct phrase that some liberal made up.
 
Fourth, since we're on the liberal topic, I did NOT vote for Obama. As a matter of fact, when he won, I was so devastated, I had to leave work mid-morning the day after the elections. I cried like a baby and retired to my bed for the rest of that day. You can read all about my 2012 election reaction here.
 
Last but not least, sometimes I'm snarky and/or sarcastic in my writing. This brings me back to my first point about telling the truth. Just because I love God and I love Jesus Christ doesn't mean I'm perfect. Sometimes I'm bratty and I need to vent.
 
Most of my readers have been reading my blog for a few years (I've had several blogs). So this is all old news for them. If you got to the end of the post, I'm guessing you'll probably stick around. Yay! If you got here and still want to leave, oh well. You'll miss a good party. Toodle-loo!
 
That's my truth and I'm sticking with it.
 
 
 
 
 
Yes, those are my feet. ;-)

13 comments:

jen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for this post, Namaste. A black female voice of reason.

Girl, you should run for office!

Stay true!

jen said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie Jones said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love the way you express yourself and your views! So glad I found your blog. I'm sticking around and looking forward to reading more....

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

jen, haha! the media enjoys eating black conservatives for lunch. but thanks for your vote of confidence!

debbie, thank you! i'm so glad you're sticking around!

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

And this is just one of the reasons I love you and keep coming back for more.

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

p.s. I love the socks!

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I don't like liberals, either!

Regarding race- Wow, Obama and his crew took the path of "white guilt" -having the race card played in this manner took some by surprise --and it worked to his advantage, big time!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

tammy, great minds think alike. love you too!

pedaling, yes, unfortunately for our country, the race card was effective for obama and his group.

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What government handouts are specific to black people? Affirmative Action has been extinguished in almost every quarter so that can't be what your talking about..furthermore since Affirmative Action also covers women I'll just assume that's not what you meant.

I wish Cons would stop invoking slavery like that's the only racism. You do know that Black people couldn't marry who they wanted until 1967? I could give you a list of Jim Crow laws in effect during my and your readers life times but that won't matter; you're just being a Con and obfuscating because facts seem to itch or burn or melt Cons.

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You say it so well Namaste!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

unknown, first you ask what government programs are specific to blacks and next you mention the need for affirmative action. you want to nit-pick over semantics? no where did i say government handouts are specific to black people. it's a blog post. i don't have time to lay out details to your satisfaction. so since you took the time to comment (which i appreciate, btw), let's try it your way.

YOU tell me. what's the time table for keeping blacks focused on jim crow, 1967 and other such periods. what's your plan for putting these periods into perspective for children? maybe you can share your grand plan for preventing their confusion and/or hostilities towards their fellow Americans. please tell me. as a mother, i'd truly love to know. thanks for reading and commenting.

mcat, thanks!

BrookLyn said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The marriage of POTUS' parents was illegal in abt 17 states until he was 8 years old. Don't you find that mind boggling from a historical perspective? T

In regards to the majority of African Americans never having been to Africa, Italians refer to themselves as Italian and many have never been to Italy. Does that make them any less Italian?

I don't care to debate with you because you're more concerned with ideology. And btw since I named the only rule that was supposed to be specific to us (but wasn't) what are the others that upset Cons so much?

Moogie P said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You're back! Along with a few of . . . Other people! Preach on, M!