my pictures

my pictures

Saturday, January 5, 2013

HELLO 2013!!

2013, here we go. I enjoy being at the beginning of things. A new book to read, a new journal to write in, a new scrapbook to fill. It's fun to start anew.
 
2012 was a good year, but I expect 2013 to be even better. New year, new chapter in life. Like the seasons, changes come.
 
Change is often not easy. I'm usually up for it. Except when it feels thrust upon me and I feel powerless to do anything about it. That kind of change, while I will adapt, it's not always easy.
 
Facing a new year? That kind of change, I like. I feel in control of things. I can plan if I want to, fly by my pants-seat, whatever I choose.
 
Changing the kinds of topics I blog on? That's so happening in 2013. I might lose some more followers, sure. That's just how life goes. In real life people come and go, friends can change with the seasons. We're people, we change again and again. My favorite meal this week is different from what it was three years ago.
 
Change is good.
 
Major changes have been afoot in my life. If you've been reading this blog for a while, I'm sure some of the changes are noticeable. Maybe they're not. It's okay either way.
 
I'm excited! I don't even know what I'll be writing about. Isn't that crazy?! I just know my blog content is shifting directions and it's not an overnight thing. I went back and re-read every post since March. I did that to help me continue my creation of this post which I began writing yesterday.
 
It's our first 2013 post together, as you read what I've written here. I've worried a teensy bit about turning people off with this new direction. But with each passing moment, I'm learning to accept life conditions more and worry about the inevitables less. It's freeing. It feels like flying. I like it.
 
So away we go! As you can see, I'm exploring the blogger layout options. Be patient with me as I experiment with the look of my blog.
 
It'll be fun and interesting to observe what this new year brings to us all.
 
What kind of changes are YOU making in 2013? Do you make resolutions? (I don't) Do you make plans? Or do you just wing it?
 
 

7 comments:

Granny Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Baby steps...One day at a time:)

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I like this blog layout A LOT. And as for change, I actually thrive on it. I like it, if it's what I want, but if it's thrust upon me like you said I HATE IT!! This year I am winging it as I do in other years. I am starting a volunteer gig with CASA a child advocacy program and I am excited about that! I am hoping to mend fences where they need mending and if not then, leaving them down where they lay. That's about it in my world.....change is good, just not as a campaign slogan! HA!!! Hugs. :)N

Always On Watch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My 2013 plans

I haven't really begun the piano practice, however. Still grading my way out from under the end-of-semester papers that my students submitted before Christmas break.

I, for one, am sick of blogging so much about politics. I'll be doing less political blogging in 2013.

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I am learning to embrace change for better or for worse. And since I pretty much fell in love with ya at first blog post, I'll be stickin aroudn. Love variety!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

annie, oh yes....:)

nik, the volunteer gig with CASA sounds excellent. i hope you tell me all about it! agreed, change as a campaign slogan definitely sucks! lol! i hope you blog a little this year. hugs!

aow, still grading? wow. next to parenting, teaching is the most demanding job there is. God bless you for doing it.

mcat, so true, everytime change comes we learn all over again how to roll with it. thanks for sticking around!

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm usually good with a little change.
Gotta mix things up to keep life fresh!

Let's see, this year I will be going to girls camp with the youth in our church group -- that will be out of my comfort zone...the whole camping thing- but it will be fun...right?

kids growing up- another one graduating from high school.
an new grandbaby on the way.

some alone time somewhere with the man i love.

I didn't make any real goals this year, but i can think a few that i should make.
Just try to be a little better, day by day, I guess.

i like the look of your blog. very nice- simple and clean looking. I'm always changing my blog look.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

pedaling, whoa! camping?! as in sleeping outdoors? good for you, you're more adventurous than i. congrats on the new grandbaby on the way and your high school grad-to-be! exciting stuff! alone time with the man you love is FANTASTIC!