my pictures

my pictures

Monday, December 31, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!


Even when I was a a party-girl, New Year's Eve was the one night in which I stayed home, pretty much every year. I still keep that tradition. It works for me. I like it.

 
Also, when I was a party-girl, I have tended to bring the New Year in with a count-down, a cheer and a prayer. I'd always preferred to spend New Years Eve with very close friends and/or family.

 
This year will be no different. Quiet. In the peace and comfort of my home. With my family.

 
I don't knock the revelers who go out and party. I just always hope they're careful and safe (they've always made me nervous, seemingly more reckless than the other nights of the year).

 
I look forward to 2013. The year of 2012 was so good to me, I expect even more goodness in this new year.

 
 
Actually, it wasn't good every single day. We did suffer the loss of a family member who died in middle-age. That's young, like us. Nothing like a sudden death to remind us how much of a gift life truly is.

 
We also mourn the loss of two family members who've been withdrawn from our lives these last few years. It's not death, but it's sad and hurtful just the same. And yet, we go on, don't we?

 
It is a constant adjustment, living without people you love, who are alive and well and out of touch. Life goes on, and we've done our best to focus on our blessings. We love them and hope we reconnect one of these days.

 
In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the wonderful surprises our lives will bring in 2013. God keeps blessing us and I am ever grateful for His presence.

 
Happy New Year, friends!


 
I hope 2013 brings you and your families many blessings too!

 
So tell me, was 2012 good to you? Are you excited about 2013 at all?
 
 

12 comments:

Granny Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Some might say the last five years have not been good to us, but actually they have been. We have had numerous concerns but we have surmounted them and our plans are to continue beating the odds under God's watchful eye.

Wishing the happiest 2013 to you and yours.

Always On Watch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year!

I was fast asleep last night by 9:00 P.M. Gone are the days when I stayed up late to welcome in a new year.

FIREBIRD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

When my dad was in the Army, he and Mom NEVER got in a car on New Year's Eve... we were blessed to be able to walk to friends' quarters to celebrate. After his retirement, they, and I, have continued that tradition... I would never, ever get on the road on that one night of the year. I believe God protects those who use common sense! Happy New Year!

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy New Year!! I meant to text you today but I got caught up in being lazy!! Love you and I yes this year has given us the full spectrum of emotional events and thank you for pointing out that life does indeed go on.....:)N

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Happy New Year-

We stayed home, watched a movie, got some pizza,kissed and went to bed.

ahh, I am sure 2013 will bring many good things- I do see the country coming upon some pretty difficult times- buy hey, whatev
God is in control- I am doing my part - we have friends and love and faith! All the things that really matter.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

annie, i hear ya, hon. it's all about perspective. Happy New Year, all the best to you and Ron in 2013!

aow, Happy New Year! thanks for thinking of me.

firebird, sounds like good practices to me! Happy New Year!

nik, lol! i was SUCH a vegetable most of yesterday. Happy New Year to you too! love you!

pedaling, we had leftovers. but we may do the pizza thing tonight. Happy New year!

Thanks EVERYONE! i love you all! :)

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm with you....being out on New Year's Eve makes me nervous. I'd rather stay at home with family or at least in the neighborhood with friends.

2012 was a good year. Nothing major happened, just normal every day happy life, and that can be a blessing in itself.

Happy New Year!

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

i need to spend some time reflecting on 2012 and figure out what I learned. I know I did, but it all seems such a blur that I can't really piece it all together.

I think I survived it (which has been the word for the past TWO years) and I now look forward to a new year with happiness and something more to do than just endure

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

tammy, this is what makes us click. YOU see everyday life as happy! awesome!

mcat, ugh. i know there were a few health challenges for you. i'm so glad you're better! i'm declaring 2013 your year woman!

Love you girls too!

Just a conservative girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I went out for a great dinner, then stayed home and watched movies. It was perfect.

I hated 2012, here is hoping that 2013 will be better.

Blessings to your family

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

blessings to your family too, jacg. btw, we saw "hope springs" and loved it. what'd you think?

Just a conservative girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I was a little disappointed in Hope Springs. I mean I didn't hate it, but I was expecting something different. But, I do think there were some good lessons in that movie. Staying intimate in a marriage is work!!!