my pictures

my pictures

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Driving Through This Life


Do you feel as if life got better since the presidential election? I totally do! Not because of the results, but just because we all got to move on from that time.
I can confess this to you now that it's over. The night before the election results, I was afraid. Actually I felt nervous during the last several months of the election. It just felt like there was so much hostility and tension all around.
And I fully expected violence from the some of the more ignorant groups on the left if Mitt Romney won. (We had our guns and ammo ready)
Anywayz, I'm just glad it's over and I can focus completely on how good life truly is. I feel thankful to be alive. And you know what? For those who may still be railing about how bad off the country is and will continue to get, I'm sorry for them. That's just tiring.
 
Besides, in all likelihood, a little person may be watching. Maybe you're an uncle or an aunt, a brother or sister, or maybe you're a parent or a neighbor. Someone is always watching you.
My "little persons" are young adults now. But they still watch me and despite their constant hunger for autonomy, they also mirror me (on a subconscious level). So if I think life sucks and my demeanor reflects such thinking, my kids are apt to be copying my behavior.
How's life been feeling to YOU lately? I'm sure you know this, but consider this reminder. If you spend just a few minutes each day reflecting on the things you're grateful for, life can feel better, funner, and sweeter. I kid you not. You should try it.
Can you think of anything makes you smile right now? What is it?
Here's my list:
  1. My new camera. I took the above picture this morning while hubby drove.
  2. My house. It feels homey.
  3. My health. It's better since I stopped drinking.
  4. My family. My husband and children make me feel very loved.
  5. My friends. I have amazing, wonderful friends.
  6. My job. It's close to home and I actually like most of my co-workers. And I also have the coolest boss ever. She'll roll up her sleeves and do any grunt work the rest of us does.
  7. My husband, (worthy of a second mention) cuz he's the easiest person in the world to get along with. He has a laid-back demeanor and he's the good cop to my bad cop. Me? Occasionally I bite heads (not literally). I'm not a yeller but I have a sharp tongue. Hubby is almost always more patient and kind. When I grow up, I want to be like my hubby.
Lastly, I am thankful for the snow. As much as I don't like having to drive through it, I do realize it's good for business. Our ski resorts and restaurants are thriving, that's good news for our state's economy.
 
I'm enjoying some snow time
 

Our backyard this afternoon
 
 
 
My hubby being playful in the snow
 
How's your drive through this life going?
 

8 comments:

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Haha!! Totally fun post and super cute pics!! I love the snow pics and am soooooooooo glad I am not in that snow....though I wish I was hanging with you peeps. I have so much to be grateful for and this post has me listing the blessings one by one and I am surprised by what the Lord has done! A grateful heart is a happy one and I am grateful for you fo sho!!! :)N

FIREBIRD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You know - you've actually given me reason(s) to pause and reassess since November. I know on a macro scale, there is little or nothing I can do about the state of the nation, but in my micro world there is much I can do to create and enjoy peace and love and harmony. And for this I thank you! But.... you can keep the snow! I love it as long as I can stay indoors by my fire! Happy New Year! I hope we are all pleasantly surprised in 2013....

Granny Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

The election held our attention as well but glad it is over and we are moving forward. Our concentration is definitely one day at a time as we deal with health issues. My husband is a trooper and, like you toward your hubby, I want to be like mine when I grow up. He swears that I was running amok when he found me and that is so true. Another great post from you.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

nik, fo sho! hahaha! i love that. what?! you mean you don't miss all the tall feets of snow from your days in the snowy state? lol! i don't blame you. yes, our blessings are flowing and i'm amazed at where God keeps taking us in our friendship too. so fun!

firebird, so glad you are counting your blessings as well. life is good all over for us. i don't blame you for rejecting the snow. i'm already looking eagerly towards spring!

annie, thanks for the kudos! both you and your hubby have had the best attitude through his recent health difficulties. i pray he continues to improve.

Always On Watch said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

We here in Northern Virginia haven't yet had enough snow this season to romp in the snow.

I'd love the snow if only I didn't have to shovel out! Getting too old for that kind of work, I guess.

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the photos! I like the snow, but only for a day or two and then I am done. Good thing I can visit it easily.

I totally agree with you, life is better when you can focus on the blessings and good things. We all have a lot to be thankful for, if we will just look.

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Love the "drive through life" analogy! How perfect! We were in a scary canyon right there about the presidential elections time, but we simply have new scenery now. Some days the views are beautiful and stunning and others are simply just there going by and I am waiting for something prettier around the corner.

I'm glad you like the snow - you can come to UT and have ours!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

aow, time to hire one of the neighborhood kids for snow shoveling :)

tammy, i'm not in love with the snow. but it is fun to play in.

mcat, thanks! just don't expect me to ski, snowboard or snowtube when i come. haha!