Do you feel as if life got better since the presidential election? I totally do! Not because of the results, but just because we all got to move on from that time.
I can confess this to you now that it's over. The night before the election results, I was afraid. Actually I felt nervous during the last several months of the election. It just felt like there was so much hostility and tension all around.
And I fully expected violence from the some of the more ignorant groups on the left if Mitt Romney won. (We had our guns and ammo ready)
Anywayz, I'm just glad it's over and I can focus completely on how good life truly is. I feel thankful to be alive. And you know what? For those who may still be railing about how bad off the country is and will continue to get, I'm sorry for them. That's just tiring.
Besides, in all likelihood, a little person may be watching. Maybe you're an uncle or an aunt, a brother or sister, or maybe you're a parent or a neighbor. Someone is always watching you.
My "little persons" are young adults now. But they still watch me and despite their constant hunger for autonomy, they also mirror me (on a subconscious level). So if I think life sucks and my demeanor reflects such thinking, my kids are apt to be copying my behavior.
How's life been feeling to YOU lately? I'm sure you know this, but consider this reminder. If you spend just a few minutes each day reflecting on the things you're grateful for, life can feel better, funner, and sweeter. I kid you not. You should try it.
Can you think of anything makes you smile right now? What is it?
Here's my list:
- My new camera. I took the above picture this morning while hubby drove.
- My house. It feels homey.
- My health. It's better since I stopped drinking.
- My family. My husband and children make me feel very loved.
- My friends. I have amazing, wonderful friends.
- My job. It's close to home and I actually like most of my co-workers. And I also have the coolest boss ever. She'll roll up her sleeves and do any grunt work the rest of us does.
- My husband, (worthy of a second mention) cuz he's the easiest person in the world to get along with. He has a laid-back demeanor and he's the good cop to my bad cop. Me? Occasionally I bite heads (not literally). I'm not a yeller but I have a sharp tongue. Hubby is almost always more patient and kind. When I grow up, I want to be like my hubby.
Lastly, I am thankful for the snow. As much as I don't like having to drive through it, I do realize it's good for business. Our ski resorts and restaurants are thriving, that's good news for our state's economy.
I'm enjoying some snow time
Our backyard this afternoon
My hubby being playful in the snow
How's your drive through this life going?