my pictures

my pictures

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dear President Obama, I Will Try


I guess I should start by apologizing to you. I'm sorry for disparaging you with such relish and vigor in our recent past. For your second term, I'm gonna try to be a better citizen. Since I'm almost certain you read my blog (you don't? shut up, yes you do), I no longer want to be considered part of the problem in your estimation. Going forward I will try to be a part of the solution!
 
I've determined that publicly criticizing every little thing you do as a sitting president is unproductive. Looking around I've observed many citizens who are simply moving on with their lives, showing (quiet) respectful support of your position as president even if they didn't vote for you. I think if I try really hard, I can do that too. I know this sounds like snark cuz I have tended to operate on my immature side, but I mean it.
 
From now on I will try taking your presidency so personal. It's not like I made sexual advances and was rebuffed by you or anything. Not like you stole my puppy and drowned it when we were kids or something. Reading my blog one might think so. I'm guilty of making fun of your ears and your slim bod. Sorry about all that. It all stops today.
 
I don't expect to agree with most of your decisions for our country. But business is business and I am gonna make a better effort to suck it up and stop trash-talking the boss. Sorry I called you a shithead in my last post. That was my pain talking.
 
Yes, I was truly devastated by your win and that kind of knowledge can't be an easy pill for you to swallow as an election winner. Knowing so many people voted against you? Knowing some of us even cried? Yeah, that's not scrapbook worthy material for you or your peeps. And I'm sure in two or three years there will be another countdown widget in your honor on my blog. I'm human Mr. President. Please try not to hold that against me.
 
If it's any consolation, I offer you this full disclosure. I never really hated you. That was a defense mechanism fib. I said it often from a rejected place. As an American, I saw a number of your decisions as an attack on my beliefs. Oh you know, the Constitution, my Amendment rights, my freedoms, little things like that. 
 
Think of it this way. Like if someone promised to harm your family by stealing stuff they cherished. Or promised to break locks on all the doors of your home so your family would be vulnerable and unprotected. You know? Okay, maybe you don't see it the way I see it. So that's why I'm gonna agree disagree to disagree with you, Mr. President. From here on in, I respectfully accept and stand in support of your presidency.
 
Am I all of a sudden in love with you? No offense, but no. Do I even like you? Oh geez, sorry but that's another no. And yet, take heart Mr. President, I DO have love for you. I want to live on the right side of God. When I pray for our country, I want to be heard minus contradictions and with as pure a heart as I can muster.
 
I wish you the best of luck in your performance as president over the next four years. May God bless us all.
 
Sincerely,
 
Namaste
 
 
P.S. Merry Christmas to you and your family!
 
;-)
 

11 comments:

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

"stupid is as stupid does"

my favorite pet name for him is jackass. i'm not helping, am i?
sorry.
i'm going to try to be a better citizen, too.
but that does not mean i can't turn off the tv every time i see a known, proven liar...which, in fact, is exactly what i did a lot, this past week.
maybe, after reading your post, he will kind of understand.
maybe, but doubtful. still, i liked it.

FIREBIRD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Dang! You're a far better woman than I AM! Maybe if I hang around you more this coming year I'll get better by osmosis! But I'm still gonna buy ammo and canned goods!

Hugs and Merry Christmas!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

pedaling, lol! thanks for letting me know i'm not the only name-caller. if a sassy butt like me can try to do better, i know you can too. i'm trying to leave the mute button alone when he comes on t.v. though i'm not always successful. but i am heartened by your truth.

firebird, me? better?! oh please. you and i both know that malarky! lol! but i appreciate your encouragement.

FIREBIRD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

BTW - MY name for him isn't legal in polite company! ;-)

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

A completely clever post. I love that it was so condescending in such a snarky almost snotty way....and I mean that in a good way. I suppose this is where we all are or at least need to be. After all the stages of grief comes acceptance. I'm heading there now....oi. I love the letter format, total genius. :)N

Granny Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This should receive the ESSAY OF THE YEAR AWARD.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

fb, ;-)

nik, exactly. we are all in these stages of our grief. *sigh* we'll just have to get through it. i guess i did sound kinda snarky. thanks girlie! :)

annie, thanks a bunch!

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I commend you for your maturity and sometimes wish I could join you. But then, he opens his mouth (or doesn't - depending on the situation) and the same feelings of hate, resentment and now, fear settle in.

He's a lame duck that I can't respect. Instead, I am arming, stocking up and praying hard for the safety of our country for the next four years while he runs amok.

Sorry. Totally didn't help your positive thinking post.

Just a conservative girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Um, no. I will not join in this venture.

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I've been trying to not let politics consume me lately, and trying not to get into arguments with stupid people, but it can be hard. I don't want to vomit every time I see him now, so that is something :) But I will be waiting for that widget to show up on your blog.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

mcat, i hear ya. i'm arming too. no need to be sorry, it's not an echo chamber over here ;-)

jacg, i get it. understood :)

tammy, me too. i'm staying as far away from politics as i can :)