my pictures

my pictures

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Am I Too Late? MERRY CHRISTMAS BLOG FRIENDS!!

I hope you all had a great Christmas! Some of you are likely still hosting family and/or friends at your home or maybe you're still the guest somewhere. Maybe the time during this festive season is speeding by or dragging slowly. The holiday season affects us all differently. Totally understandable.
 
As I was bopping around the internet, seeing blog post headlines which read, Merry Christmas, it occurred to me I didn't write a Christmas post of my own.
 
Kids Were MIA
Since our daughters spent Thanksgiving with us, they spent Christmas with their Dad. So it was just hubby and I with our two doggies.
 
Christmas Eve
We spent it with friends, four families, 18 of us in total. It was a lot of fun. I took a bunch of pictures with..... guess what?!..... my new camera! Yup, hubby let me open his gift to me a few days before Christmas.
 
My year was made with the only thing I wanted! Woo-hoooo!! Look out! I'm that annoying chick clicking endless pics while you're trying to live your life in peace. Haha! Good times.
 
Christmas Day
Super quiet! Very short gift exchange between us and the doggies. During our late breakfast, the doorbell rang. We let the Jehovah Witnesses in cause we were in high spirits. But we ushered them out politely after about 10 minutes, saying of course, Merry Christmas!
 
Watched one of our favorite Christmas movies, It's A Wonderful Life. Couch-talked (like pillow-talk but without the bed) for a couple of hours, ate junk-food (me) and leftovers (him) and turned in early.
 
In between all that I was texting, socializing on Facebook, and chatting on the phone. It was an excellent Christmas. Today I'm back to work (apparently not working the whole time).
 
What about you? How was your Christmas?
 
 
 
P.S. Pictured above, my two favorite scenes from Elf.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Me, with my new camera

11 comments:

Just a conservative girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My little ones had a great time, and that is all I really care about.

For me the holiday is really Christmas Eve. So yesterday was relatively quite for us as well. Just family and too much food.

I ate my really stinky fish that most Americans don't understand.

So all was good.

Happy to hear that your Christmas was peaceful.

tammy said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I can't wait to see all your pics. I love pictures but rarely remember to take any. In fact, I rarely remember to blog anymore :)

Glad you had a good Christmas!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

jacg, yes, it's definitely all about the little ones at Christmas time. i'm glad you had a good time. what's the stinky fish?

tammy, with blogging, you have to feel it. i know how it is to not be in the mood anymore. oh yes, there'll be more pics!

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

a new camera and a bunch of friends sounds like a good way to celebrate.

I don't always enjoy facebook, but I sure did over the Last few months...it's been fun to see how everyone has been celebrating. I especially enjoyed statuses and pics posted these last few days!

That was nice of you to let the JWs in.
Did you take a picture of them?
;)

The Conservative Lady said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Glad to hear you had a nice Christmas and that Santa brought you what you really wanted. Have fun with the new camera.

We hosted friends for Christmas dinner and had a very nice time. Unfortunately, our son couldn't be with us because he was working (yes, on Christmas...he's a performer). We got to see him on Saturday, so that was good.

Hope you have a Happy & Healthy 2013.

Granny Annie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

What kind of camera is it? By telling us that you have it, you are committed to showing lots of the results. Can't wait.

Sandi said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Your Christmas sounds so peaceful! We had 12 for dinner on Christmas Eve and 14 on Christmas Day! Along with all the present unwrapping. Hectic, but fun. Yesterday was our down time - a little clean up and then Les Mis. Always look forward to January!

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

pedaling, aww maaannn! i should have taken a pic of the jw's! next time. yes, me too on viewing pics. i've been liking your pics alot.

tcl, how cool! you got to see your son perform! does he play an instrument, act, sing? happy & health 2013 to you too.

annie, it's a samsung wb100. it does all kinds of cool zoomy things. pics are coming!

sandi, i look forward to the day when our family multiplies. but i'll enjoy the quiet for now. i hope you had lots of help in the kitchen. i hope january's nice and quiet for you.

FIREBIRD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas.... nothing wrong at all with some PEACE! Mine was hectic as I tried to prevent my lil girl from undecorating the bottom limbs of my Mom's tree! She had more fun with the red balls than anything Santa delivered. It was joy-filled.... Wishing you and your family a glorious 2013... Happy New Year, sweet lady

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

YAY for new camera's! Your Christmas sounds quiet and divine! Hopefully New Years will be the same for you....peaceful and keep snapping pics baby!

The Conservative Lady said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Singer/actor. Thanks for asking.