my pictures

my pictures

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Things I Was Gonna Write About and Welcome Followers


 
Honestly? I've got nothing. But it's already been a week since my last post. Unless I'm inexplicably teary facing some major life challenges, I'll try to write something after a week. I actually wrote several whole posts over the past month, one as recently as the day after Thanksgiving. But I just could not hit the publish button on any of them. Eh. I wasn't crazy about any of them.
 
Gratitude 
I was gonna write about my Thanksgiving highlights. Ya know? More gratitude stuff, my kids maturing before my eyes, my mom being .... well, mom, yada yada yada.
 
I read some really great Thanksgiving posts. They inspired ideas and reminders of my own gratitude. But then I was all like, umm... er... uh... forget it. I don't feel like it.
 
Sex
I was gonna write about May-December relationships and what the big draw about it is, the likely answer being sex. And if that's the answer, have we become a society of creepers or what? Or am I being too quick to judge? Cuz I'm reading this novel by Reynolds Price about such a romance, so it got me thinking on this as a topic.
 
But then I was like, ugh! Nah! Some other time.... maybe.
 
Me
I was gonna write about being back on Facebook again. And then I was like, Who cares?! Get over yourself already. Sheesh! Trust me, that did not even make it into a typed line (until now) .
 
The Inherited Crazy Gene
I'm thinking about my mother a lot so I may write something about mothers... eventually.
 
Liberal Boarishness
I even thought about writing a post on why liberals do what they do. Such as why- as talented as some are- why they spew. Cuz I was watching one of my favorite television series recently, but had to shut it off when I was attacked (yet again) by the liberal agenda. But then I pouted and thought, screw those screwy libs. Besides, no politics until I want to.
 
The end.
 
 


 
In other news, I picked up two new followers, Donna from My Life From the Bleachers and Kitty from Kitty Tells It As It Is. (actually they joined a few weeks ago) Thank you two for following, I appreciate you checking out my blog. Welcome to My Voice!
 
In still other news, I had an excellent Thanksgiving. The food was great, my family was fun and loving (almost everyone, most of the time), and my one day extra off from work was priceless. 
 
So! How was YOUR Thanksgiving?

9 comments:

mCat said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I think I'm in a writing funk like you. I start something and then "meh" it goes away.

Maybe something funny will happen that will provide some fodder

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

all interesting topics....but not feeling it eh?
i know that feeling.
I actually am feeling it, right now- of course now, when I don't have the time....grrr
I just want one full day to write on my blog- and read blogs and comments on blogs...just one day. don't think that will be happening any time too soon.
meanwhile i'll just post stuff, now and then, stuff i'm not crazy about- probably mostly just pics though.

when i saw you on face book i said to myself...slow down- she's back! and then i did the happy face- kinda like the happy dance only it's just my face.

anyway, don't let facebook be the death of your blog like tammy and nikki- i miss their reg blog posts.
it is fun to see you on facebook- you were probably smart to be absent during the whole political season.

Pedaling said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh and I love Donna-Life from the Bleachers!---I don't know Kitty, but will have to check out her site.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

mcat, glad i'm not he only one. i'm sure our writing mojo will find us again.

pedaling, WOO-HOO! THANKS for this detailed comment. happy dance? LOL! oh you and nikki are so cute and funny (she said the same thing). you sure know how to make a girl feel missed! as for wanting a day for blogging for yourself. i hear ya. depending on the time of year, my freetime is limited. right now it's slow at work, so i'm free. i will try to heed your warning about FB being the death of a blog. loved a comment which makes me giggle such as this!

FIREBIRD said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW - there must be something going around, because I've got it, too. I lived and breathed politics until election day.... and then a blogged like mad for 4-5 days following it. Then the air just went out of me and I've had the blahs! Maybe a light bulb you-know-where will inflate me like an 8' Frosty the Snowman! Thanksgiving was too much of everything - food, drink and family! LOL.... but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat. *Clink* to you - and God bless you in the coming season, and all the year 'round.

Nikki said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Hahaha....did we just talk about this or what?? Spot on with how I'm feeling myself. Thanksgiving was a blur and I can't believe Christmas is here and time is just moving so fast! Major life changes are so exciting! They change the molecules in the air and keep us on the side of progress.....not the liberal kind but the human kind. Those two are not exclusive. You jingle bell rock my world!! :)N

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

firebird, you're right, there is something in the air. i think we're all reacting quite naturally to all that blogging and how it's sapped some of our energy. *clink* back atchya!

nik, yep, change is exciting! not always welcome, but that's life. ha! and i like the way you put it: keep us on the side of progress. jingle bell rock? aw shucks! maybe we should just get a room? hahahaha! just kidding! ;-)

Just a conservative girl said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I too have been in a writing funk since the election. I am still in shock that we are that stupid in this country.

namaste said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

jacg, i hear ya. it's a process of adjustment for us all. hang in there :)